Pilot ECBC project awarded by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, GoI
Project Name : Kumar Krupa Guest House
Location : Bangalore
Typology : Guest House
Client : Karnataka PWD
Certification : ECBC Demonstration Project
Built Up Area : 20000 sq.m
Green Highlights of the project:
- Integration of energy conservation measures (ECM’s) in the architectural and services design stage.
- Cavity wall of AAC blocks with low U value for comfortable indoors.
- Overdeck insulation for roof to prevent entry of direct solar radiations.
- Skylight provision to allow daylight into atrium.
- South West & South East designed with low WWR (12.98 % 10.67% respectively) helps in curtailing thermal gain through fenestration.
- Lighting automation system for the common areas of the project for ease of use.
- Energy savings of 20% through incorporation of ECMs such as box Windows with raised sill height, optimized WWR, efficient VRV system.
- Reduction in the capacity by 100 TR and capital cost for air conditioning system by around 40 lacs on account of energy conservation measures (ECM’s).
- Simple Payback calculations reflect a cost recovery within average 2 yrs, rendering the ECBC compliance as financially viable