Project Name : Sainik School
Location : Chandrapur, Maharashtra
Typology : Institutional
Client : PWD
Certification : GRIHA 5 Star Rating (On going)
Built up Area : 70,000 sq.m
Green Highlights of the project:
- Sustainable planning through preservation of existing trees and water stream, new plantation, less cutting and filling, etc
- Preservation and revitalization of existing pond with surrounding recreational activities
- Water savings through low flow fixtures.
- Rain water harvesting through various strategies such storage tank, bores and recharge pits.
- Bio swale serving as landscape feature and facilitating storm water collection and infiltration.
- Root zone system for treating on site waste water.
- Monitoring of energy consumption by sub metering numerous systems.
- On site renewable energy of 1 Megawatt capacity.
- Use of fly ash in construction from local thermal power plants.
- Design with local stones and wood
- Energy savings through evaporative cooling, efficient VRV and centralized cooling system with high performance.
- High performance double glazed unit for non residential building.
- Micro-climate enhancement by water bodies and trees beneficial for hot dry climate.
- Reduction in heat island effect by heat reflective roof tops, shaded paved areas and increased vegetation.
- Composite masonry of exterior stone and fly ash bricks for interior for increased thermal mass