Project Name : Tirumala Habitats
Location : Mulund, Mumbai
Typology : Residential
Client: Transcon Skycity Private Limited
Certification : IGBC Green Homes – Platinum rating (Pre-certified)
Built up Area : 68200 sq.m
Green Highlights of the project:
- Incorporation of adequate erosion and pollution control measures during construction stage to ensure sustainable site management practices.
- Preservation of natural topography and trees.
- Reduction in heat island effect by usage of high reflective roof finish.
- Provision for electric vehicle charging within the project.
- Provisions for physically disabled such as handicapped toilets, ramps, and preferred parking spaces.
- 25% savings in annual water consumption for flush fixtures and 45% savings due to low flow fixtures.
- Rain water harvesting through various strategies such storage tank, bores and recharge pits.
- Waste water treatment and reuse to reduce usage of municipal water.
- Reduced energy consumption by 11% by incorporation of energy conservation measures such as optimized facade design, high performance envelope, efficient lighting and VRV air-conditioning system for club house.
- Monitoring of energy consumption by sub metering numerous systems.
- Renewable energy to offset 2.5% of annual energy consumption.
- Incorporation of waste management strategies such as segregation of waste, on site organic waste management and handling of waste during construction.
- Adequate day lighting and outdoor views in all habitable spaces.
- Water saving irrigation systems with timer controller.
- Use of low VOC finishes in the interiors.
- Installation of heat pumps instead of conventional geysers for energy savings.
- Incorporation of efficient electrical appliances such as automatic exterior lighting control, level controller for overhead tank, high efficiency pumps and motors.
- Use of maximum local materials having recycled content for construction.