Today an increasing number of organizations want to make their operations sustainable. Sustainability reporting becomes a medium for publicly disclosing an organization’s economic, environmental, and social performance. It is a process through which the organizations start to measure, report and improve on the way they make decisions and take actions. It is a non financial reporting system, voluntary in nature and both large and small size organizations can initiate it.
WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING?
WHY MAKE SUSTAINABILITY REPORTS?
Financial reporting alone no longer the needs of shareholders, customers, communities, and other stakeholders for information about overall organizational performance. Sustainability Reporting provides information about the challenges and achievements to shareholders, employees, the public and other stakeholders. It allows organizations to measure, track, and improve their performance on specific issues. It can ignite commitment towards environmental and social responsibility within the organisation. It can be leveraged as a marketing tool.
WHAT CAN VK:e PROVIDE?
Conduct awareness programme for employees on sustainability initiatives and sustainability strategy workshops for senior leadership.
SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE FRAMEWORK:
Develop a framework for integrating sustainability in core business practices. Engage with the top management to set up sustainability policy and commitments. Set up principles, processes and procedures with institutional arrangements to manage sustainability issues.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND MONITORING:
Measure environmental, social and economic performance indicators based on the selected reporting guidelines.
ANALYSIS AND INNOVATION:
Undertake assessment of performance and lay innovative strategies for continuous improvement.
Collaborative drafting, designing and promotion of the report.
VK:E shall tailor-make solutions and address company specific ESG Goals depending on the drivers, pressures, audiences and data availability of each organization through International and National frameworks. We work with our clients to deliver
• Safer Investments
• Affecting ROI’s positively
• Risk Mitigation
• Social Credibility & Brand Value
Set your net-zero and circularity goals with us ! You can begin with self-disclosure and further progress toward Third Party Reporting
E – Sustainable practices attract more customers, allows better access to resources, lowers energy, water & operational costs
S –Sustainable practices lead to greater social credibility, attract talent, boost employee morale, and build stronger community relations.
G –Sustainable practices may lead to government support, subsidies, overcoming increasing regulatory pressure and better investor relations.
ESG frameworks provide logic to analyze various ESG sub-categories by assigning weightage’s based on relevance and significance of the evaluation criteria.
LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT, CARBON FOOT PRINTING & CARBON NEUTRALITY
Life Cycle Assessment, Carbon Foot printing & Carbon neutrality For Construction Projects, Products, Organizations
• Baseline Emissions Reporting
• Carbon Reduction & De-carbonization Strategies
• ISOs 14040 and 14044 based Software LCA results
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a tool that offers a scientific way to mitigate Climate Change. It serves as a first step to reduce the Carbon Footprint and move towards Carbon Neutrality. We offer this powerful method for understanding long-term impacts of your operations & is critical in planning and implementing carbon reduction & carbon neutral targets. LCA allowes baseline mapping, setting emission decarbonization goals, certification credits for LEED Rating and for Regulatory compliances such as Environmental Clearance.
SUSTAINABILITY MAKES BUSINESS SENSE!
Climate change has compelled us to rethink our models of growth and progress. We have come to realise that is our quest for development, we are slowly eroding the very basis of our existence – our natural resources.
With India poised for economic development, we need to ReThink! Can we as business leaders, take our steps towards Sustainability such that India moves to a world that is environmentally, socially, and economically efficient? The answer to the question “Where does Sustainability begin?” is often found in a simple change in mindset.
We at VK:e help you in transforming projects to environmentally responsible ones. We offer customised solutions while working with you on the CAPEX, OPEX and sustainability goals of your project though an integrative Process.
SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING AND GREEN BUSINESS CONSULTING
Indoor Air Quality Audit
Green Co Rating
Green Supply Chain
Life Cycle Assessment, Carbon Foot printing & Carbon neutrality
Environmental Due Diligence
Regulations and Policy
SUSTAINABLE BUILT ENVIRONMENT & GREEN BUILDINGS
Green Building Certifications- LEED, IGBC, GRIHA, EDGE
Occupant Health & Well Being -WELL Certification, Fitwel, Health-Safety Rating, IGBC HW
Environmental Clearance and EIA Studies
ECBC Code Compliance
Environmental Management Plan- PMC
Building Simulations for Compliance
Environmental Design for Thermal Comfort
ENERGY AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Net Zero & Low Carbon Development
Renewable Energy Integration
Value Engineering & Technology Assessments
EPIP – Energy Performance Improvement Programme
Land Suitability & Ecological Assessments
Waste Minimization Strategies
BUILDING ENGINEERING SERVICES
Public Health Engineering
Mechanical Ventilation & Air-conditioning (Mvac)
Integrated Building Management System (Ibms)
PRACTICING SUSTAINABILITY WITH VK:e
We REthink to help you REdesign buildings, REinvent to integrate REnewable Energy, REengineer processes to REduce pollution, REform township landscapes, REinterpret management practices to help REcycle, REstructure supply chains to REuse and much more.
BENEFITS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Retaining and enhancing the local bio-diversity
- Conservation of natural resources such as soil, fuels, water, materials
- Reduction in carbon emissions
- Reduction in environmental pollution
- Cost Efficiency: lower running and maintenance costs – energy prices increase by 5 % to 7 % each year and water is getting scarce day by day
- Branding: environmental credentials for a positive image
- Health and Well beings: Good air, day light, comfort
- Fiscal benefits in property taxes offered by local bodies
- Energy and Water security
- Reducing the burden on local infrastructure
- Supports Market growth and supply chain for environmentally responsible products and technology
- Increased local employment through the use of local materials and labour
- Increased sense of community through use of public spaces and amenities, particularly if an architectural feature is made of a innovative technology.
- Assistance towards reaching local, regional and national carbon saving, air quality and renewable energy targets also under various National Missions.
- Better control on Micro-climate
Developer & Compliance Readiness
- Fiscal or FSI benefits during project development
- Ease of Marketing and better returns from projects
- Future Readiness with environmental compliance becoming stringent day by day
- Streamlining Enviro-legal compliance
- ECBC Compliance
- Compliance to Local Code interfacing with environmental aspects