Project Name : Kannur International Airport
Location : Kerala
Typology : Airport
Client : Kannur International Airport Limited
Certification : LEED India-Gold Rating (Completed)
Built Up Area : 98000 sq.m
Green Highlights of the project:
- Developed native landscaped area and preserved natural topography contributing to 48% of total site area.
- Landscape area with native species reflecting state culture.
- A network of channels, de-silting pits and contour trenches for storm water management.
- Rain water harvesting using storage tank and recharge pits.
- 100% treatment of sewage water and reuse for irrigation as well as flushing.
- Reduced dependency on municipal water supply and drainage.
- Overall water use reduction of over 46.02 % by using water efficient plumbing fixtures.
- Biogas for treating organic waste.
- Energy saving achieved as a result of best feasible strategies for shading ,facade optimization, lighting and efficient air conditioning system.
- Reduced lighting power density for energy conservation.
- Energy consumption reduction by28% as compared to ASHRAE baseline.
- Appropriate selection of eco friendly and low embodied energy materials.
- Reuse of excavated laterite stone for facade cladding.
- Double glazed unit to restrict heat gain and achieve comfort.
- Basic amenities such as ATM, fire station, police room, dispensary, medical room, etc provided within the site.